Is your goal to expand your success and development on Amazon in the long term? Then find out more about Amazon Vendor Services (AVS). They could be the key for you! Roughly speaking, AVS strengthens Amazon's suppliers and brands through the various services.
Amazon Vendor Services (AVS) - an overview
In order to increase their own profitability, the so-called Vendors (salesmen/saleswomen) a personal contact person at Amazon via the "Amazon Vendor Services" program.
This Vendor Manager is a Brand Specialistwho has internal access to additional Support teams has. These teams provide support, for example, with product range selection, optimizing product details, delivery problems, the transition to the Pan-EU program or traffic generation.
Brand Specialist and Vendor jointly design a Vendor Improvement Plan (VIP), in which the targets for the following year are set. They also draw up a detailed plan for achieving the targets together.
The Brand Specialist takes care of several vendors who should proactively approach him with their needs and wishes.
What is on offer?
The Amazon Vendor Service can provide you with specific support in the following areas:
- Central servicesRegular e-mail correspondence and weekly meetings about the operational business are among the central services. Your vendor manager takes care of problems such as a blocked ASIN.
- SelectionYour catalog will be checked for completeness by the specialist and he will give you recommendations on how you could profitably expand your range.
- Content: The Brand Specialist contributes to your product detail page with improvements. Product images and/or A+ content can be the focus here.
- Advertising and financing: Your Brand Specialist can also help you generate traffic to your site. Discount campaigns or coupons are good examples of this.
- Advertising SupportYour Brand Specialist can optimize your advertising campaigns.
- Availability and operational efficiencyYou can obtain the relevant data on your deliveries via the Brand Specialist. For example, you can find out whether deliveries reach Amazon quickly enough, whether products arrive with a defect or whether there are enough products available (avoiding out-of-stock situations).
You can also find out more about PICS from him. PICS (Partner Integrated Carrier Services) is a program in which you only deliver to a fulfillment center and Amazon redistributes your goods for you from there. Also via Direct Import he informs you. With Direct Import, products are delivered directly from the manufacturer to Amazon.
How much do Amazon Vendor Services cost?
As you can see, AVS is an Amazon service that helps you with your account management in a variety of ways. Accordingly, this support has its price, which varies depending on the size of your company, annual turnover, scope of support and number of marketplaces covered. On average, you can budget around 2 to 6 percent of your costs for production and sales (COGS) for AVS. If you deliver goods worth one million euros to Amazon, for example, you are looking at 20,000 to 60,000 euros.
Advantages of Amazon Vendor Services
By using Amazon Vendor Services, you are guaranteed a direct contact person at Amazon. The Brand Specialist can not only optimize your presence on Amazon, but also contribute to the optimal design of your business processes.
Alternatively, as a small or medium-sized vendor, you would have to deal with a constant stream of new cases that you open when you need help. Amazon Vendor Services saves you this time-consuming process.
Another advantage is that the Vendor Manager can access reports, teams and internal tools, which is generally not available to vendors. This gives you information that you would not receive via Vendor Central, for example. This means that your problems can be solved more quickly than through the traditional case management process.
What does an Amazon Vendor Account Manager do?
An Amazon Vendor Account Manager is your dedicated point of contact if you are a vendor participating in the Amazon Vendor Services - Signature (AVS-Signature) program. AVS-Signature is an enhanced version of AVS. It offers vendors an even higher level of service and support. The Vendor Account Manager provides support in the areas of strategy, promotion and operational know-how to help you increase your sales and profitability on Amazon.
Some of the additional services and benefits offered through the AVS Signature Program are:
- You will receive preferential product placement and merchandising on the Amazon website.
- The marketing and advertising campaigns are tailor-made.
- The visibility of products through Amazon's product recommendations is increased and targeted marketing programs are available.
- You have access to exclusive data and analyses.
- You will be supported in product optimization and merchandising.
- You get earlier access to new features and services on Amazon.
In order to qualify for the AVS Signature Program, high thresholds must be met. The criteria for the AVS program are still being expanded.
According to Amazon, this program only applies to "tier-one, retail-managed vendors". For details, please contact your Amazon customer advisor.
How to register with Amazon Vendor Services (AVS)
And how does the actual registration process for the Amazon Vendor Services program work? This is only possible following an invitation. Has the description so far aroused your interest and you do not yet have an invitation?
Here are some steps you could take:
- Admission criteria: You should meet certain criteria before applying. These include a good brand introduction, a wide range of high-quality products and meeting Amazon's standards for product quality and customer service. A solid sales history and a proven track record on the Amazon platform are also necessary.
- Contact Amazon: Contact an Amazon account manager or write directly to the AVS team by email regarding your interest in participating in the program and attach appropriate evidence to your application. Amazon may subsequently request further evidence.
- Testing and selection: Amazon checks the information provided and sends you an invitation to participate in the program if you meet the criteria.
- Signing of the agreement and start of the programAs soon as you have accepted the invitation, Amazon will provide you with a corresponding contract and further information. As a vendor, you sign the contract and provide Amazon with any further information required.
The application process and selection criteria may vary depending on the region and other Amazon criteria. You can find out the latest application criteria from a customer advisor.
How do I become an Amazon Vendor?
There are also a few things to consider when becoming a vendor if you want Amazon to take notice of you.
- Check your sales history on the Amazon marketplace for an excellent Sales and customer satisfaction balance sheet.
- Work data-driven and then make your decisions.
- Build yourself a Solid brand with a good reputation.
- Offer quality high-quality products and scores with good sales figures, good customer reviews and ratings.
- Fulfill the Standards from Amazon for product quality and customer service.
- Hold one good stock and satisfy customer demand.
- Offer excellent customer service.
- Lichen Networks for example at trade fairs and other events.
- Research the guidelines and requirements of the Amazon program and read them carefully.
Conclusion on Amazon Vendor Services
An alternative to Amazon Vendor Service is, of course, the use of a specialized vendor service. Amazon Agency. For an initial consultation, simply make an appointment with us.